Re[2]: Frameworks integration

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: Frameworks integration
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:36:46 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:23:52 +0100 Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org>
wrote:

 >| On 28.02.2004, at 06:21, S.J.Chun wrote:
 >| > At least, GNUstepWeb and SOPE has each merits: GNUstepWeb is much more
 >| > compatible with WebObjects in terms of EOF, and SOPE is known for its
 >| > more mature state. :-)
 >|
 >| No, not really.
 >|
 >| First:  EOF is a completely separate issue, of course you could also
 >| use GDL2 with SOPE and this isn't part of gnustep-web.

EOF is part of WO. And most WO users won't use a wo 'clone' without it.

 >| Second: I think NGObjWeb is more compatible with WebObjects than
 >| gnustep-web (eg concerning template parsing, though we have stripped
 >| out some stuff for OGo [but could put back things like "WEBOBJECT"
 >| instead of "#" or .woo files in case someone actually cares <I guess
 >| not>]).

Concerning template parsing in GNUstepWeb, it's open, just write another
template parser
and plugin it. There's already ANTLR one and html/xml one and you can choose
even
component by component which one to use.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998