Re: [GSWHackers] Future of GnusStep WebObject

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: [GSWHackers] Future of GnusStep WebObject
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:18:13 +0100

On 02.03.2004, at 20:47, NeXT wrote:
Also, some notes on GDL2 with SOPE.

Thanks a lot :-)

    >> EOFetchSpecification class
 In GDL2 following method does exits.
-initWithEntityName:qualifier:sortOrderings:usesDistinct:isDeep:hints:
 But SOPE EOControl uses
    -initWithEntityName:qualifier:sortOrderings:usesDistinct:

OK, added the GDL2 one (libEOControl v4.2.38), need to find out where the SOPE one is used, likely not in any cases relevant for you.

And
    -fetchSpecificationByApplyingBindings: in GDL2
    -fetchSpecificationByApplyingKeyMap: in SOPE
I'm not sure this matching is correct.

Those are different methods. The ..Bindings methods replaces variables while the ..KeyMap method rewrites keys. Probably also used in the WebDAV layer only I guess. Need to move the keymap code to either NGExtensions or WebDAV.

For bindings we have in SOPE:
---snip---
- (EOFetchSpecification *)fetchSpecificationWithQualifierBindings:(NSDictionary *)_bindings;
---snap---
Which is marked "Yellow Box only" in WO 4.5 documentation:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/LegacyTechnologies/WebObjects/ WebObjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOControl.framework/ ObjC_classic/Classes/EOFetchSpecification.html

The WO docs do not specify anything like "-fetchSpecificationByApplyingBindings", I guess its a GDL2 only extension/bug. Anyway, added in EOControl v4.2.38.

    >> EOQualifier
Same goes here.
    -qualifierByApplyingBindings: GDL2
    -qualifierByApplyingKeyMap: SOPE
Also, I'm not sure on this matching

Different thing again. EOQualifier/SOPE supports:
---snip---
- (EOQualifier *)qualifierWithBindings:(NSDictionary *)_bindings
  requiresAllVariables:(BOOL)_reqAll;
---snap---
as documented by Apple:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/LegacyTechnologies/WebObjects/ WebObjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOControl.framework/ ObjC_classic/Classes/EOQualifier.html

There is no such thing like "qualifierByApplyingBindings:" in EOF, probably a GDL2 only extension. Anyway, added in EOControl v4.2.38.

And finally, GDL2 does not have this method.
    -initWithPropertyList:

Where is this used? I think this is required for EOKeyValueArchiver?

Thanks for your help!

regards,
  Helge
--