Cygwin and latest GNUstep

From: Larry Cow
Subject: Cygwin and latest GNUstep
Date: 3 Mar 2004 02:55:09 -0800

Just tried the latest release of GNUstep on cygwin. I used the
libobjc.a and objc.dll provided in the
ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/windows/cygwin directory.

I kept the standard configure options (installing everything in
c:\gnustep, which is a bit unpractical for a "pure" - without mingw -
cygwin installation).

gnustep.base's configure complains about missing openssl, and I didn't
find the dev packages in cygwin's installer, but that shouldn't be a
problem.

But then, the build process stops on the following error message:

   Compiling file objc-load.m ...
  In file included from objc-load.m:54:
  dynamic-load.h:101: error: In function
'__objc_dynamic_get_symbol_path':
  dynamic-load.h:101: error:  'Dl_info' undeclared (first use in this
function)
  dynamic-load.h:101: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
  dynamic-load.h:101: error: for each function it appears in.)
  dynamic-load.h:101: error: syntax error before "info"
  dynamic-load.h:111: warning: implicit declaration of function
'dladdr'
  dynamic-load.h:111: error:  'info' undeclared (first use in this
function

By the way, if someone already managed to compile gnustep (gui
included) on cygwin/X, would it be possible to make some gnustep
packages and to store them in the cygwin way, somewhere on the web
(just like kde-cygwin.sf.net does) ?

--
Larry Cow