Re: Building SOPE with GNUstep

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Building SOPE with GNUstep
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:50:30 +0100

On 12.03.2004, at 19:20, David Ayers wrote:
I think I used gstep-make 1.8 on Cocoa, not sure (current is 1.9+ I guess). Its unfortunate that gstep-make API changes do not lead to a new major revision :-|

I'm pretty confident that my issues have little to do with -make API changes. I believe it has to do with finding libxml2 (which is installed in /usr/local on my system) and the non-gnustep-make make rules in the top hierarchy. But maybe I'll have time to look closer next week.

Actually I did various tweaks to SOPE CVS head and I'm now able to build complete OGo using gstep-make/gstep-base 1.9.1. I think some issues are left for actually running OGo on top of gstep-base (but as some reported, SOPE itself isn't affected).

I'm referring to WO 4.5. The only major changes where done between WO 2.0 and WO 3.0 as you probably know. We are also adding some 5.2 extensions (like streaming) which may be relevant as well though never available in ObjC WO.
Thanks for clarifying, I guess we a have different perception on what constitutes a major change. But let's leave it at that.

If you have a list of what you consider major (or minor) changes starting with 3.0, this would be quite useful to know for both, gstep-web as well as SOPE developers. So please post/document them!

But anyway, not going to argue on that, if you consider a FSF assignment not even valid in Europe nor implemented in CVS more important than we proably won't find a solution.
I have yet to see any verifiable statement that an FSF assignment is invalid.

It isn't invalid nor illegal, it just has no effect in Germany for the discussed reasons. Its easy to search for documents on that in Google.

But we can also stop this discussion, whether FLA or copyright assignment, SOPE won't use it. We contribute to the free software community, not to the free software foundation.

regards,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge