Re: browser link in GNUMail?

From: Dirk Olmes
Subject: Re: browser link in GNUMail?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:09:55 +0100 (MET)

> On 2004-03-07 16:35:23 -0600 Ludovic Marcotte <ludovic@Sophos.ca> wrote:
>
>>> Is there a way to set up  GNUMail.app so that I can
>>> click on an HTML link and have it open up a web page
>>> in a browser? I could not find any way to do this in
>>> the documentation.
>>
>> This is currently unimplemented in GNUstep (ie., NSWorkspace:
>> -openURL:). I
>> developed a patch many months ago that was adding this functionality but
>> never commited it nor finished the discussion I had with Nicola wrt it.
>>
>> In the meantime, you can select the URL and use the "Open URL" service.
>> You
>> can get this service from here:
>>
>> cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnustep co
>> gnustep/usr-apps/examples/gui/ExampleService/
> [snip]
>
> Any hints/idea on how to specify wich browser to use?

Use the source, luke! ;-)

> ... the example has
> 'mozilla -remote "openURL(%@,new-window)"' hard coded,
[...]

The source also looks for a default 'NSWebBrowser'. So you can set the
browser to use by doing something like

defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSWebBrowser 'opera -newwindow %@'

Works like a charm for me.

-dirk

--
Anyway kids, have fun, play nicely, be good. And remember - if it ain't
broke, hit it again.