Re: building gnustep-base-1.8.0 on Max OS X 10.3.2

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: building gnustep-base-1.8.0 on Max OS X 10.3.2
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:44:19 -0700

On Friday, March 12, 2004, at 09:22 PM, Bill Northcott wrote:

I think there are a couple of people that managed to build it.

My futzing on mframe dug out some bugs in gcc-3.3.x on PowerPC (and probably other RISC cpus) relating to the builtin functions in particular __builtin_return and __builtin_apply_args.

These are known to the gcc folks and have been patched in the CVS in recent weeks. They are slated for the 3.4 release. The relevant bugzilla numbers with patches are 11151, 12503 and 12629.

I do not know if these will stop GNUStep building. They will certainly brake anything (Distributed Objects?) that uses mframe.

Well, GNUstep has migrated away from using mframe. Instead, we use libffi and ffcall. It might be interesting to see how it works with mframe, once it's all fixed up.