Re: [ANN] MyWiki 0.8

From: Martin Häcker
Subject: Re: [ANN] MyWiki 0.8
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:42:44 +0200

You do not need to parse RTF, neither to write it! The reason of using special "wiki syntax" is, that usualy tou can not write formatted text into a web browser. And web browsers are usual places to host wiki systems. Thing is, that with GNUstep application based wiki system, you do not have to force user to use any special syntax at all. The user can write rich (formatted) text directly WITHOUT ANY tags. Use font panel, font menu entry, text formating commands,... Thw "wikiness" is about linking "nodes". Then you just use plain text and have special ways of creating links.

You do not even have to have "edit" button there - there is no reason, just have the text editable. Same as before: the "edit button" is there on web pages, because there is special syntax for formatting and one wants to view the wiki in a pretty way. Therefore you do not have to have two modes (edit/view) in the application. Again, just plain text view.

I'd like to note that I started using VodooPad to take my personal notes for exactly those features. :)

A wiki, but without the hassle of WikiTax.
http://flyingmeat.com/voodoopad.html

cu Martin
--
dont.wanna.tell