Auto shutdown of a GNUstep machine

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Auto shutdown of a GNUstep machine
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:41:37 +0200

Hi all,

this request is totally off-topic, please excuse, but may be one of you guys has an idea. We need a Linux/GNUstep system that automatically shuts down when the user presses the power button.

We have purchased an EPIA M1000 board and installed SuSE 7.3 as a test case. Pressing the power button for 4s switches the system off. Presseing it only for a second seems to put the machine into suspend mode or whatever (screen gets dark and blue LED flashes).

Any idea how to trigger a "shutdown -h now" when the popwer button is pressed (-> suspend). We tried our luck with

apmd -P /root/apmscript

and hoped this script would be called in case of a ->suspend but it wasn't. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Andreas