Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging

From: Simon Stapleton
Subject: Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 18:19:07 +0200

From: Martin Kuball <MartinKuball@web.de>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org

Nobody knows an answer? Or am I simply not in the right group to ask
this question?

No, this is the right group.  Or one of them, at least.

As for the answer, I can't be absolutely certain, but it's likely to be this (at least, this was the problem when I encountered the very same problem a couple of weeks ago)

I suspect you have a mixture of debug and no-debug frameworks installed.

What will happen in this case is that your debugging frameworks will link to libgnustep_d, and your non-debugging frameworks will link to libgnustep. ldd your application and see what gives. If this is the probllem, what seems to be happening is that one of the linked frameworks happily initialises, but then the other fails.

The problem seems to be that frameworks can't exist as both debug and non-debug versions (a sensible approach would be to have both debug and no-debug libraries in the same wrapper, but that doesn't happen with the current version of make)

The approach I took to fixing this was to uninstall everything, and make sure that I only installed debug versions of everything.

Yes, it's a pain.

Hope that helps.

Simon
--