Re: AppKit Tool Problem

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Re: AppKit Tool Problem
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:06:02 +0200

There have been quite a few changes since 0.9.0, so it is hard to tell, what is causing the difference for you. Which GUI classes are you actually using? In some cases it may be possible to work around the font allocation (which was causing your first problem), but if your are actually using GUI classes, they may have a reason to access a font. In that case you need to initialise the backend, which gets done in the [NSApplication sharedApplication] call. Here you could try to redirect the X output, by pointing DISPLAY to another machine.

Thanks for the explanation.

Is it possible to redirect the output to a NULL device? I googled for such a case but found nothing. My server has no display and I would be happy to see it running tools without the need of a further machine with xhost opened.

Regards,

    Andreas