Re: GNUstep on Darwin going on

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin going on
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

--- Yves de Champlain <yves@gnu-darwin.org> wrote:
<snip>

> 2- When trying to build Gorm :
>
> Gorm.m:1338: error: cannot find interface declaration for
> `NSWindowTemplate'

> Although the @interface is really there in Gorm.m
>

> 3- Still in Gorm :  (sorry for the very long message -- many things)
>
> I'm building with -fgnu-runtime and at link time I have all the linker
> flags set
> (or so I believe) but I get all those undefined symbols warning.
>
> it is as if libobjc was not seen and I also have
> "ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libgnustep-base.dylib.1 ..."
>

> Tell me doctor, is my setup very sick ?

I've never tried to build on Darwin, but as near as I can tell you don't have
the gui libs correctly installed.   The "NSWindowTemplate" class is an older
(actually it's deprecated) class in GUI.   Nevertheless, if you have gui
properly installed and the setup is pointing to the correct include directories
when you make, it should compile without any issues.

If anyone else knows more about installing on Darwin or even MOSX, I'm sure
that they could be of more help than I.

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.