Re: GWorkspace as windowmanager?

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Re: GWorkspace as windowmanager?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:52:23 +0100

Hi,

On 2004-06-10 23:24:30 +0100 Charles Kerr <punt1959@msn.com> wrote:

> I have been using Windowmaker, and like the feel. When I started GWorkspace,
> and showed the workspace, it appeared to be trying to be replacement (looked
> a lot like the old NeXT system I had eons ago).  Can one just run GWorkspace,
> or does one need windowmaker as well ?  Having both, the workspace seemed to
> overlap with WindowMaker.

You can't because the overlap you mention is in the Dock and not in the
actually window management; GWorkspace doesn't implement any window management.

To end the overlap you can either not us Desktop.app, wait for the Dock of GW
to be seperate from the Desktop or simple disable WindowMaker dock (this is
what I'm doing). In the end you just have to choose which dock to use.

Best Regards,

fsmunoz
--
Frederico Muñoz