Re: GWorkspace as windowmanager?

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace as windowmanager?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:50:42 +0300

On 2004-06-13 02:07:16 +0300 Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:

Enrico Sersale wrote:
It seems that there are some restrictions in setting the event-mask
in XSelectInput(); I never used XLib and I didn't know this. I can't
get mouse and key events beacause the window manager has already
selected them.

Is there any way to go around this?

I've looked into this a bit on other occasions, and iirc, it's simply an
X thing. As long as there's a window manager, it will (by definition) be
listening for events on the root window, and no other program can get
events from the root.

Ok. End of the dream...