Re: GNUstepDefaults.lck

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstepDefaults.lck
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:45:21 +0200

on 6/12/04 7:11 PM, Manuel Guesdon at ml@orange-concept.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run multiple instance of same (gsweb) application under same user id. and I
> often have
> this exception:
> NSGenericException REASON:lock
> '/PathToUserHome/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults.lck'
> already  broken
>
> As far as I can see, it's generated by NSDistributedLock called by
> NSUserDefaults
>
> Do you know how this can occur and how one could avoid this.

I don't know what is causing this.  I don't use gsweb, but incurred in this
using normal GNUstep apps (gworspace, talksoup and some others).
Lately I haven't seen that anymore. It may be platform dependent....

Locks give troubles. They are borken on OpenBSD for sure. (crash inside
atomic lock) and give occasional troubles on Solaris (only with GNUMail,
never checked if it is still b0rken)

-R