gorm and projectcenter die if you do nothing and quit

From: Armando Di Cianno
Subject: gorm and projectcenter die if you do nothing and quit
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:43:38 -0400

This could be an issue with me using libffi-2.00_beta from gcc-3.3.3 release (the newest libffi from cvs sources wasn't recognized as usable by gnustep-base configure), but in both Gorm and ProjectCenter, if I start them up, and then immediately quit, or do something in Gorm and then "Quit Anways" (not save), the appliations remove the app icon from the square icon, but the sqaure icon, and the Application windows simply do not go away, nor do they release focus, and although X still is "alive" (my web cam window keeps updating happily) I have to kill it in the end.

I also saw similar behavior once recently while running a CVS pull version of GNUMail, and it through and acception, fine, clicked "Ignore" (not sure why I still hope that Ignore will actually ignore something ;-)), and the same behavior as above appeared.

I'm building a debug version at the moment, but has anyone see this before? I'm definitely getting that feeling that it must be libffi-2.00_beta. The only reason I am using it as some users on gentoo-security are fans of PAX and I guess it doesn't work so well with ffcall, which uses mprotect. I'm not that knowledgable of PAX, however.

Thanks,
__Armando Di Cianno
armando@nycap.rr.com