Gorm Progress 06-28-2004

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 06-28-2004
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Recently, I modified the GSNibContainer class so that Top Level Objects can be
specified directly in Gorm.   Some structural changes were made to the class
which required the encoding of an additional attribute for this modification.

The change is completely backwards compatible and transparent, so .gorm files
created with versions of Gorm 0.7.7 and earlier should still load and work in
applications and in Gorm without any problems whatsoever.

The only issue that I need to make people aware of is that you will need to
update gnustep itself to run the new version of Gorm which is in CVS (or will
be momentarily).

If any emergency changes/rereleases are necessary for Gorm 0.7.7, I will make a
branch of that version in CVS and release from there.

The modification described above is to facilitate the creation of new palettes
which hold non-graphical objects that can be dragged to the objects view and
made "top level objects" in the gorm file.   Examples of this are Database
Objects, Controllers, and other pre-packaged non-graphical objects which might
be useful MOSX's IB (and OPENSTEP's) has this capability and this change was
necessary to extend Gorm to have the same ability.

Please let me know immediately if you encounter any issues.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.