Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-security] pax and objc]

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-security] pax and objc]
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:28:30 +0800

On 2004-07-03 00:09:57 +0800 Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> wrote:

On Jul 1, 2004, at 4:28 PM, pageexec@freemail.hu wrote:

if libffi can accomplish the same things as ffcall but without
runtime code generation, then my preference would also be the
former, from a security point of view.

libffi is part of gcc now and is actively developed, so that's probably a good reason to start preferring it over ffcall in GNUstep. Particularly if it solves this problem. Hopefully some one can tell us that for sure.

It is not officially part of gcc yet, there has been some motion to get it officially maintained by the FSF but there is a problem with one developer even though he has already signed his copy right over for gcc, he/she does
not want to sign over the one for libffi for some reason.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

Sounds like good news to me. Im going to use libffi then.