Re: Status of NSToolbar

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Status of NSToolbar
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:29:28 -0400

From: Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr>
To: "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:21:38 +0200

Le 26 juil. 04, à 18:28, Yen-Ju Chen a écrit :

 Thanx for the information.

 [snip]

I would like to see an example of that, but what I can said is that currently -contentView returns a view which includes the toolbar area when the toolbar is set; to obtain strictly the content view you need to call -contentViewWithoutToolbar. May be the problem is here… I plan to rewrite later this implementation in order to have a behavior which would be 100 % cocoa compatible.

 I tracked down this problem with ToolbarExample.app:
 if I use [toobar setVisible: NO] before [window setToolbar: toolbar],
 then I can reproduce this bug.
 If I reverse the order (set toolbar before set visible),
 everything works O.K.

 And I try to add a view into toolbar item by -setView:
 and it never shows up.

Probably your view height is higher than what is permitted by the toolbar height.

 I will look at this problem later.
 But my custom view is pretty high actually,
 and changes the height dynamically.
 The normal toolbar is 32 pixel on Cocoa,
 but there is no real limitation.
 What's the limitation on GNUstep ?

 Yen-Ju

 If toolbar supposes to work fine,
 it may be the problem of my program.

You can take a look at ToolbarExample application which is located in /gnustep/usr-apps/examples/gui/ to see a working toolbar based application; I need to update this example, but the basic functionality should give you an idea and should work. You can send me a mail directly; with the possibility to take a look at your program I would be able to help you more easily.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr