Re: GNUstep Release Cycle

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep Release Cycle
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:26:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> When will the next release of GNUstep be made? In my opinion, when
> sufficient things have broken in -Base and -GUI in CVS that it warrants a
> new release of an application such as Addresses, this is a clear
> indication that we should probably have already released something.

Addresses 0.4.5 works fine for me with last night's CVS.

> Numerous somewhat-significant changes have been made recently (amongst
> them a bump to the GSNibVersion which /may/ cause problems with new nib
> files on old versions of GNUstep.

Just to alay any fears concerning this.   There is functionality in Gorm
presently to allow saving files which are compatible with previsou versions of
GNUstep.   Gorm will also show what's incompatible for each version setting.
Please see the "File" section in Gorm's main window for these options.   They
are "per-file" prefs.

> Can you make another release when the powers that be have decided that
> things are sufficiently stable to warrant it?
>
> Cheers,
> Alex Perez

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.