Re: GNUstep on Darwin ppc

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin ppc
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:48:42 +0300

On 2004-07-26 00:03:56 +0300 Yves de Champlain <yves@gnu-darwin.org> wrote:

Hi

most things are working smoothly with 1.9.2/0.9.3 combo

I do have a few questions

1- I now need to add -lfreetype for every GUI apps I compile
or else have _FTC_Manager_New missing symbol
        Is there a good way to do it with the System Makefiles ?

2- I still have "FreeSans not found" although I have FreeSans.nfont
in System/Library/Fonts (I'm using art-back)
        Am I missing something ?

3- Desktop.app sometimes crashes with NSTimeout message
        ?

GNUMail, AddressManager, Gorm, ProjectCenter, Preview, GWorkspace,
Inspector, Operation and EasyDiff all seem to work quite well (very limited testing)

Following the "README.Darwin" I've built all the libraries and some apps on my mac
(FSF gcc-3.3.2, libffi from gcc-3.4.0 and libtiff & C. from Fink). But, while Finger,
Calculator and some other simple apps seem to work, when I try to launch a GWorkspace app
linked with the FSNode framework, I get:

mihaela:~ root# openapp Desktop
dyld: /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Desktop.app/Desktop can't open library:
FSNode.framework/FSNode  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

You wrote "Desktop.app sometimes crashes with NSTimeout message"; this means
that you *can* run Desktop.app (that uses FSNode).

Am I missing something?
Any hint?