Re: en_U.UTF-8 default language

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: en_U.UTF-8 default language
Date: 08 Aug 2004 03:10:59 GMT

Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:
> How do we set en_US.UTF-8 as the default gnustep language? The date on
> my GNUMail is %r instead of the date. And the GWorkspace Desktop gets
> a lot of unicode related cstring conversion exceptions.

In the environment:
GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING=NSUTF8StringEncoding

In the defaults:
NSGlobalDomain NSShortDateFormatString '%d.%m.%y'
NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages '(
    Esperanto,
    English
)'
NSGlobalDomain GSFontMask '*-iso10646*'
NSGlobalDomain Local Time Zone 'Europe/London'

Improvements most welcome!

Most things work for me, but I also don't have a working GNUMail date
display. There is a fix IIRC, but the cure was worse than the problem
for me :-/

Apologies for the slow reply.