Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:41:34 +0100

Le 19 août 04, à 10:37, Fred Kiefer a écrit :

Nicolas Roard wrote:
Actually, yes, it won't be very hard to provide "icon themes". In fact, if you want it, just take Camaelon, remove most of the stuff and just keep the Image.m -- it will replaces all icons on the fly if the theme contains them. So technically, it's not a problem at all. Perhaps I should effectively provide a small "IconTheme" bundle if people want to package existing icons theme ? I probably won't do it myself (package thoses icons) but if someone want to do it, drop me a mail.

Icon themes are even easier to achive in GNUstep. There is a file nsmapping.strings in GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Images/, where image names get mapped to real file names. If you just want to replace images this is the place to do it. Of course this results in system wide replacement. Not sure if there is a similar user specific way to do it.

I don't think so...

anyway the system I described works without problem, and I think it's easier for an user to just load a new gui bundle, than editing a file, no ?

By the way, any comments about the icons guidelines, etc., ?

thanks,

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke