Re: FOSDEM 2005 (was: [Cocoa|GNU|Open]Step conference thing)

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2005 (was: [Cocoa|GNU|Open]Step conference thing)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:23:15 +0200

On Aug 26, 2004, at 21:37, nicolas@roard.com wrote:
Already to late for a room at fosdem 2005??? Hey, they don't even
feature the 2005 event on their website (http://www.fosdem.org/) yet.
I don't think it's too late :-)

When we asked last year the guy said that we should contact him in June/July when preparations start. I can try to lookup the mail if someone is interested (but contacting now should be fine as well).

What I'd like to do, is an "official" conf for the fosdem itself, presenting gnustep and its different aspects (servers, gui, rad, desktop, whatever).. And then, have shorter conferences in the dev room on more detailed topics. Such an "official" conf would be really great, and if possible (of course:-)
the saturday..
Obviously another "official" fosdem conf specially about OGo would be great
too ;-)

I think neither OGo nor GNUstep are in itself large enough to attract a bigger crowd. Which is why I would suggest a joined effort.

Another idea .. depending on which people attending the fosdem, we could try to do some kind of dev meeting/hackaton for working on parts of gnustep..

Hm, if I remember right there was always little time for that.

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/