Re: System fonts

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: System fonts
Date: 28 Aug 2004 17:47:43 GMT

Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> This was never the question. I did not write about fonts themselves or
> displaying them, but about font substitution. With this paragraph and
> the precvious mail you are fighting a straw man you build up yourself.

I am really disappointed to see the appearance of "debating society"
style on this list. If others have misunderstood what is being discussed,
then please correct them and explain it to them if you can, as it would
seem that they didn't understand your previous explanation.  If you feel
that they are being dishonest (and I don't think that is the case here),
then either don't reply to that part or (better) simply state why you are
not happy to reply any more.  It helps no-one to post "you are fighting
a straw man" and it hurts cooperation.

> Again, whom are you telling this? I know that already.

Further, this is a mailing list, so maybe they are telling those of
us, who really didn't understand your previous posts. This reminded
me of the Caesar in the "Carry On..." film who screamed "I know that!"
at helpful people.

Now, can we please find out what needs to happen to have working pretty
complete fonts in GNUstep? I still don't understand where the problem
is and why fontconfig would prevent metric measuring. :-(

--
MJR/slef  My Opinion Only