Re: GNUStep apps for Windows

From: Rick VanNorman
Subject: Re: GNUStep apps for Windows
Date: 01 Sep 2004 16:27:35 GMT

Let me clarify my question just a bit. I have been given the task
of migrating an OS X application into a cross-platform application.
QT isn't a good solution, because the originator of the code
doesn't want to port the code to C++, and QT doesn't support a
clean interface to Objective-C. The originator assures me that the
app really only uses a small portion of the GUI part of Cocoa, and
that the bulk is purely Objective-C data manipulation. To add to
the issue, there is a short timeline for this porting effort.

So the question is really: is it possible, today, to compile some
subset of GNUStep for Windows resulting in a useful GUI application
that could be distributed?

That still might not be the correct question, but is certainly
closer than I got to it before.

Thanks,
Rick