Re: NSTextView issue

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Re: NSTextView issue
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:15:37 +0200

Hi Fred,

I just tried NSTextView for the first time and am rather dissapointed.
It does not seem to be usable at all.

This is a rather hard statement. NSTextView has been used in different
places, Ink.app for example, and it seem to work rather well there. I
understand that you are frustrated to find it not working for you, still you should pay more respect to the great work that Alexander and others put in
here.

Please excuse my tone. It wasn't meant that way. I just was a bit frustrated after 22 hours of coding and tracking bugs and probably only needed some commitment that it works. I am glad to hear that it has already been used in apps so it's probably an issue that can be resoved easily. I will check out Ink.app and prepare a demo.

 But keep in mind, valid is a bit more
restrictive than "it somehow works on my machine".

Thanks, I will look into that as well.

Regards,

  Andreas