Re: Building GWorkspace on Solaris

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Building GWorkspace on Solaris
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:52:17 +0300

On 2004-09-21 18:10:12 +0300 Adrian Robert <arobert@cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote:

On Sep 21, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

   Linking app Finder ...
ld: fatal: library -lFSNode: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to Finder.app/./Finder

Hi,

You need to change to the FSNode directory (or maybe it is called libFSNode, I don't have it here) and do 'make ; sudo make install' there first. (This is mentioned in a README or INSTALL file somewhere I think.) Probably the build process should work around this need, but I don't know how easy that is..

Theoretically this is not needed because the FSNode framework is built before
the other things and, in the GNUmakefile.preamble of Finder.app and of the
other parts that need the framework, I have this line:

ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS +=
-L../FSNode/FSNode.framework/Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR)

On linux ths seems to work.