Re: using dmg files

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: using dmg files
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:11:53 +0200

Am 22.09.2004 um 11:28 schrieb Rogelio Serrano:

Can we use the dmg file format for distribution of gnustep binaries?

As long as you distribute Darwin / OS X binaries, .dmg's should be fine. As they can be compressed internally and can be mounted in it's compressed state, they're very handy.

I'm not aware of any tool mounting such images on any other OS, however. Few of them whould support the (recommended) HFS+ filesystem anyways.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/