Re: Text label mis-sizing / clipping

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Text label mis-sizing / clipping
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:29:47 +0200

For what it's worth, I committed my final (for now, I hope :) changes in this area yesterday. GNUstep's baseline/line height calculations now match what other systems do (and use the font-provided values, at least for -art), and NSButtonCell has been tweaked a bit (and now there's always a 3 point margin for the "preferred/automatic" size (given by -cellSize) before text is clipped). I've also checked this against the sives given by old versions of -gui, so interfaces that used to work will still work.

(Of course, this won't fix all these problems, but it does make us slightly more forgiving.)

- Alexander Malmberg