Re: fat binaries (or whatever)?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: fat binaries (or whatever)?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:06:06 +0100 (BST)

> I was about to show the concept to a friend of mine and I had a big
> surprise when the feature was gone lol.
>
> When last I used gnustep a year or two ago, a .app had a directory
> structure inside relating to operating system, display backend, etc,
> and finally a binary. This was to allow fat binaries or whatever they
> call them, that could run the same .app on multiple OSes, if I
> remember correctly. Now the binary just sits at whatever.app/whatever.
> Is there a reason for this?

It's all available but by large user request / feedback we now disable by
default many of the fat binary / library combination support.

This generates simpler directory structures which users seem to prefer as
a first approach.

To turn the more advanced features on, do ./configure --disable-flattened
when you configure gnustep-make.  That will give you fat binaries.

Thanks