Re: Problem with locale and keyboard

From: Rob Burns
Subject: Re: Problem with locale and keyboard
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:40:41 +0700

On 2004-09-28 22:48:33 +0700 Adrian Robert <arobert@cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote:

On Sep 27, 2004, at 4:46 PM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

I have following problem with locale and keyboard.

As far as you know, did this problem just appear with an update to the latest 0.9.4 release, or the latest CVS, or has it been there for a while? If the 0.9.4, is there any chance you could test with CVS? If unsure, could you possibly also test against 0.9.3?

I'm asking since I checked in some changes to the handling of modifier keys under X backends, and maybe this is an unanticipated effect. ;-)

I'm using cvs from a couple days ago, and recently started having problems with modifier keys. If I would like to press 'command-A' (alt-shift-a on my keyboard), I now have to press alt first, then shift, then a. previously I was pressing shift first, though I think it worked in the reverse order as well.

Currently, after pressing that key combination, my keyboard will be stuck in 'command-lock' mode until I hit the alt key again. meaning, that whenever I hit a character, its interpreted as if the command key was also being pressed. I don't have any of these problems if the shift key is not involved. ie, pressing alt-a works as expected.

Rob