Re: ANN: GNUstep back version 0.9.4

From: Michael Baehr
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep back version 0.9.4
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 00:42:40 -0500

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:59:44 -0400, Wolfgang Sourdeau
<wolfgang@contre.com> wrote:
> La plume légère, vers Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 09:05:24PM -0600, heure
> d'inspiration,
> Adam Fedor écrivait en ces mots:
> >
> >    * art backend supports reading from a window.
>
> What does "reading" mean in this context?
>
> >    * Add internal window decoration handling.
>
> Does this mean that theming now works?
>
> Wolfgang

No, it means that GNUstep windows can now draw their own window
decorations (title bar, resize bar, close+minimize buttons, etc).
This is behavior supported by pretty much any modern window manager,
and I look forward to its maturity in GS :)

If you'd like to try it out:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSX11HandlesWindowDecorations NO

Cheers,

 Mike

--
Michael Baehr - Arch Linux GNUstep Geek