Re: Buidling gui and back on Windows

From: Larry Cow
Subject: Re: Buidling gui and back on Windows
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:06:00 +0200

Alex Perez a écrit :

If you're using the windows GNUstep installer, use the latest -GUI release, not CVS.
Why is it? I mean, I didn't try CVS, but I can't see no reason why it shouldn't work more or less like on Unix.

Are there some special win32 testing just before each release?

Larry, would you be willing to extend the windows installer to support -GUI? This has been an agenda item of mine but I haven't had the time, and you seem to know a lot more about GNUstep/Win32 than I do anyways.
I would be more than willing to do that (even if my top priority is adding an auto-update script to the msys shell), but I fear I have no time for at least one month or two. And I can't even be sure that I will have time later: this is how things goes when you reache the end of your studies.

You also need to soure GNUstep.sh before GNUstep-make will work and you can compile things using it. I'm not sure if the msys shell does that for you automatically.
I don't remember it's needed. Running gdomap and friends was enough, for me.

But it's nice to see more people interested in improving GNUstep on win32 ;)

--
Larry Cow