Fontsystem bundles (Was: Re: What backend should be the default now on -

From: stefan
Subject: Fontsystem bundles (Was: Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:49:03 +0200

Citát Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com>:

> For me, the only real problem with backart, is the fact that it uses
> its own font system. I personally like it and found it better; but I
> understand very well that it could be
> held against it -- and in a non "gnustep os" (ie, not something
> dedicated to gnustep... that is... everywhere at the moment..) that's
> probably a problem :-)
> The solution would be ideally to use fontconfig in addition to the
> nfont system...

Can be this solved by font management bundles? Then one can use */Library/Fonts,
fontconfig, win32, xfs or any other/custom font system at the same time.

Is that possible or is font system really tightly tied to the backend and there
should be only one font system per backend? If it is currently tied, then what
would be necessary to do to modularise it?

Stefan Urbanek