Re: GNUstep themeing and MacOS HITheme APIs...

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GNUstep themeing and MacOS HITheme APIs...
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:25:07 +0100

In article <mailman.991.1099704922.8225.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

> Eh, nice idea, yes. The singleton object should perhaps be global, so
> it will be
> easier to  access the methods (like NSApp).
> It's effectively a better idea than having the themes doing a category
> to replace the GSDrawFunctions :-)
> I'll try to implement that.

 BTW -- I suppose you're writing some code that allows filling a
rectangle with a pattern from an NSImage, right? Could you perhaps make
that a separate function or method in GSDrawFunctions? As NSColor
colorWithPatternImage: doesn't work right now, it'd be nice to have an
alternative.

 Or maybe this could even be merged into the backend to make pattern
colors work? (Right now, you can create a pattern, but you can't "set"
it)

 If you did that, there's a patch from me that implements the missing
pieces of NSProgressIndicator. You could extract the progress indicator
drawing code from that, change it to use your pattern drawing method and
move it into GSDrawFunctions and make the progress indicator call that.
That'd mean themeing would get us a fully working progress indicator as
well.

 Or you could just say: I'll wait for Uli to do that once I've released
my code :-)

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de