Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

From: Mike Stump
Subject: Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:26:44 -0800

On Nov 17, 2004, at 1:58 AM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
I wanted to ask what the current status of Objective-C++ for mainline gcc is. While there have been a lot of activity on the gcc-patches and gcc-cvs lists several month ago it is now relatively silent regarding this topic. Is all the work done now or did the release plan slip backwards (to 4.1 or whatever)?

Last I knew, everything was solidly wedged behind Geoff's objection with no plan forward. The objection will either have to be withdrawn, or Geoff will have to communicate his vision before any progress can be made.

I think this should be resolved now, as as we push it forward, it will pass the drop dead date, and objective-c++ will have to be jettisoned from gcc 4.0.0. :-(

Mark, I suppose we can discuss when that drop dead date is. Has it already passed?