Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:52:44 -0800

On 18 Nov 2004, at 20.25, Matt Austern wrote:

This discussion should probably happen offline. It's in Apple's interest for ObjC++ to get into mainline. It's also in Apple's interest to make sure that there aren't any changes that hurt compiler performance. It's silly for this discussion to be happening on an international email list when most of the people participating in it have offices on the same floor of the same building.

Yes, some of this "silliness" (although it is symptomatic of things more serious) really should be confined to Apple, although I don't think it is appropriate to take the whole discussion offline altogether. Just as currently Geoff is blocking an approach that Mark and Zack OKed (at least in principle), one could certainly envision Mark, Zack or others objecting to whatever we finally manage to agree upon in Cupertino.

--Zem