Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

From: Richard Kenner
Subject: Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 04 08:01:15 EST

    Since Geoff has objected to every design proposal I made, then
    naturally I was (and am) expecting a constructive alternative.

It would be nice if such a thing could be done, but I don't see it as
a requirement.  It is, after all, your project and what you are
essentially doing is asking for him to do the design for you.

It's true that if somebody doesn't like a design proposal they should be able
to articulate what exactly it is they don't like about it.  I don't believe
Geoff has done that completely, which is a legitimate complaint, but saying
"if you don't like my proposal, make your own" isn't fair: it's not his
project.  On the other hand, I perfectly well understand the difficulty in
articulating what one doesn't like about a proposal.  I've been there many
times: when you're very close to a project, you often get a "gut feeling"
that a patch isn't the right way to do something, but find it very hard to
say exactly why you think that and it can often take a lot of time to figure
it out.