ProjectCenter handling of source files

From: Samuel Hornus
Subject: ProjectCenter handling of source files
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:53:52 +0100

Hi all,
This is my first post here, so I may be out of topic...
I have two problems.

1/
Okay, I'm learning to use ProjectCenter.
When I create a file (say a .m source file or a Gorm file into the project
directory Foo/ (directory Foo/ was created with ProjectCenter for a new
Application project), I naturally want to add the file into the project.

So I double-click on the "Class" item of the leftmost column in ProjectCenter.
The file I want to add to the project does not appear in the File Dialog. So I
need to move the file into the up-directory of Foo/ and then I can choose it
for inclusion into the project Foo,
at which time, the file is copied into directory Foo/... So I am left
with two files...

What if I want to add a file already in the Foo/ directory ?

2/ While my ProjectCenter project is open, I usually edit my source files with
'vi' in an external xterm. After editing, double-clicking on the source file in
ProjectCenter open up a window with the *old* source file listed into it.
What's up ? (compilation is fine though).

I guess Text editing in ProjectCenter is a feature-in-progress ?
A similar question: what is (for now) the real gain of using ProjectCenter ?
How does that compare (in term of ease of use) to a simple beautiful
GNUmakefile ?

Thank you!
--
Samuel Hornus