Re: NSCursor ( openHandCursor, closeHandCursor)

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSCursor ( openHandCursor, closeHandCursor)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:38:18 +0100

Fabien VALLON wrote:

I would like to use NSCursor openHandCursor: closeHandCursor.

It seems the code is here ( in NSCusror ) but it lacks the support
in XServerWindow standardCursor:
What does it lacks exactly ?
An image for those cursor ?
In wich image format ?

For the current implementation to work this would require a change to X, to provide another predefined cursor. But we probably should move away from this and provide a fallback, when there is no matching cursor in the window system to create one in GNUstep. For this to work a suitable image file is needed, I think any format will do, but for now you should make sure that its non-planar and 8 bits per pixel RGB (3 or 4 colour will do).

We could provide default image with GNUstep GUI. What about splitting the tast? You do the images and I provide the code for it?

Fred