GNUstep and GWorkspace Compliation Problem

From: RJ Krawcuk
Subject: GNUstep and GWorkspace Compliation Problem
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:05:38 -0500

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup, if not I am sorry.

I wish to learn programming for GNUstep and I have recently setup my
computer for it (I hope). I have compiled and installed the latest sources
rpms (make, base, gui and back). I am using WindowMaker (Latest version).
Ran the GNUstep.sh environment setup. Ran the wmaker.inst file. I am able to
start WindowMaker successfully.

However, I am having the following problems:
1. How can I check to see if "GNUstep" is running correctly.
2. I have been trying to compile Gworkspace, but it fails when it tries to
compile the finder, it exits with the following error: GWorkspace:
/usr/bin/ld: can not find -IFSnode
3. I have compiled successfully, Gorm and ProjectCenter. However, I am
unsuccessful when trying to launch them. I get the following errors:
    A. Gorm: libGorm.so.0 - No such file
    B.  ProjectCenter: lib>ProjectCenter.so.0 - No such file

Now I realize some of these problems may due to lack of familiararity with
the system, but I have looked over the web for the answers. And as far as
GWorkspace is concerned, I have recomiled it a couple times, ensuring the
correct command line parameters were passed to configure after rereading he
documentation quite a few times. I have also recomiled everything using a
make clean as well.

I am using Redhat Linux Enterprise Server version 3.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Robert