Windows hiding on GNUStep with VNC

From: Christian Plessl
Subject: Windows hiding on GNUStep with VNC
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:43:31 +0100

Hi all.

I'm trying to get GNUstep working on a SUN Solaris environment.

I can access our SUN Solaris machines only remotely. When connecting to the Solaris machine using VNC, I noticed that GNUstep applications start correctly, but after some time application windows randomly disappear.

When an application is started, I get an "NOTE: Only one display per host fully supported" warning, which is generated in core/back/Source/x11/XGServer.m

Did anybody experience the same problem? Is the random hiding of application windows caused by using the machine remotely with VNC (since VNC created an additional X Windows Display on the remote machine, and the warning above says only one display fully supported? Is there a workaround?

What are the restrictions/problems when GNUstep is used on hosts with multiple (virtual) displays?

Best regards,
 Christian