GScheme is back.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: GScheme is back.
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 01:00:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

I had stopped working on GScheme quite some time ago. Then I
discovered from web server logs that there still are people out there
who are interested in this software, so I decided on a maintenance
release. The old release didn't even compile anymore.

I compiled and debugged GScheme using the following setup:

  gnustep-back-0.9.3
  gnustep-base-1.9.2
  gnustep-gui-0.9.3
  gnustep-make-1.9.2

Important: older GNUstep installations may need to replace
  #include <GNUstepBase/GSIMap.h>
by
  #include <base/GSIMap.h>
at the very beginning of SchemeTypes.m.

Tested with SuSE Linux 8.2 and Debian 3.0.

These are the changes

* removed legacy code from the garbage collector, replaced some method
  calls with direct access using @protected on a certain instance
  variable; fixed a really serious leak (GSMutableDictionary objects
  being leaked)
* added a menu item to evaluate external files; this means you can
  edit your files with your favorite editor and evaluate them with the
  click of a button
* the last form that you enter in the interactive window is copied to
  the paste board and may be repeated by pressing Alt-V
* a computation that takes more than five seconds triggers the display
  of a stop button that may be pressed to interrupt the computation;
  the button disappears on its own when the computation ends, and
* changed the environment browser to use NSTableViews; these are more
  appropriate than the NSForms that I had and I find them more
  pleasing aesthetically.

Try modifying primes.scm to use browse-environment and display a
highly instructive environment chain.

The URL is

  http://www.gnustep.it/marko/GScheme/

Best regards,

Marko Riedel

=====
| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de