Re: ANN: TimeMon 4.0 ported to GNUstep

From: Frederik Harwath
Subject: Re: ANN: TimeMon 4.0 ported to GNUstep
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:57:43 +0100

On 2005-01-25 16:27:01 +0100 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

As I said before: Using /proc to read system stati is evil_TM.
There are standard library calls that will give the same functionality,
after all.

Almost every UNIX I know of has /proc, but each implementation differs, eg.
Solaris, AIX and HP/UX (bless you) use binary, not textual, files.

So, I say again: using /proc is evil_TM.

Yes, it is indeed evil(tm) on some level. I will try to reduce the evilness.
:)

First make it work... then make it portable... do both at the same time, if
possible. :)

(As I was actually just starting to play with libgtop in order to create some kind of system monitoring app) let me suggest looking at libgtop

Greetings,
Frederik