Re: GWorkspace odd behaviour

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: GWorkspace odd behaviour
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:14:12 +0100

Robin,

On 2005-02-02 16:32:57 +0100 Robin Rawson-Tetley <robin@rawsontetley.org> wrote:

I've been having a bit of trouble getting GWorkspace (0.6.5) to work - I tried the Debian package, and then built it from source, but
I get the same problem. Basically, it seems to work ok, but none of the
internal viewers work (all document types appear as a question mark icon
- even ones that I thought GWorkspace was supposed to deal with out of the box, such as images), and when trying to start up any of the components

methinks, that there are no apps registered, yet, to handle those file types and thus you see no proper icons. I don't know what the Debian package is installing as I set up my system from CVS, usually. Hence it might be that there are no apps or app wrappers installed, yet. Will double-clicking have any effect? If not, this is another indication that apps are missing. Be aware that GWorkspace does not handle any file type "out-of-the-box", but merely starts the application that registered for a file type and displays the icon registered by this app. You might find some wrappers for non-GNUstep apps at the GWorkspace web page (www.gnustep.it).

Can't halp with your other problems, though. Sorry.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net