Re: nsbytestore blocknum to block mapping and storage

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: nsbytestore blocknum to block mapping and storage
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:43:11 +0100

> Im playing with a naive implementation of nsbytestore. Right now im
> using a sorted list to maintain the blocks and a linear search for
> looking up blocknumbers. Whats the best way to store the blocklist? Im
> thinking of a b+tree. It seems the natural choice for nsbytestorefile
> later.
That would be the natural choice. Be aware, however, that the blocks
needed by the btree itself have to be implicitely administered in the
btree itself or by yet another mechanism (of course due to recursion a
second btree is not recommended here :).
One possible solution is to bestow the btree implementation with
capabilites of storing block adresses for blocks needed by the btree
itself. I once did such an implementation and I can dig it up, if you
are interested.

Best wishes, Stefan