Re: libobjc threads leak?

From: Larry Campbell
Subject: Re: libobjc threads leak?
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:17:58 -0500

On Feb 9, 2005, at 3:00 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

Larry Campbell wrote:
I just switched from gcc 2.95.x, where the GNUstep dox say I must use gnustep-objc, to gcc 3.3 where they say the built-in libobjc works fine. But it doesn't. It leaks threads, so eventually your program crashes in objc_detach_thread. The reason is that in gcc's libobjc, threads are created joinable, so when they exit they hang around forever waiting to be joined.

If you're sure about this, I implore you to please file a bug ASAP. if you're lucky, it will get fixed in time for the GCC4 release. I'm sure Andrew *will* address it, as soon as he sees your report, which you may have already filed.

I opened gcc bugzilla #19850. Andrew said "I will try to have this fixed for 4.1 but no promises."

- lc