Re: RIGS bottoming out in rbbr

From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: Re: RIGS bottoming out in rbbr
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:20:46 -0600

Adam Fedor wrote:

Well, I'm not sure what would happen if a method search travelled up beyond NSObject or NSProxy. How about having it return NSObject/NSProxy? Or perhaps that's the infinite loop that is causing the seg fault...

Actually, I think the seg-fault may stem from the dereferencing of a null pointer since [NSObject superclass] is the the C-integer value '0' (at least in the GNUstep runtime; I don't know about Cocoa).

I wonder if the entire RIGS class hierarchy should have a local root (like ObjcId in rubycocoa) Of course porting rubycocoa also might be nice; though I hear it's very dependent on the cocoa runtime and apple build system.

Matt