Re: FOSDEM Booklet (GDL2)

From: dlatt
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Booklet (GDL2)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:32:01 +0100

(CCing to discuss-, because I might be wrong and someone there should
correct me)

As far as I know, the GDL2 part of the booklet is not quite correct:
there never was an EOF 4.x. GDL2 tries to be compatible to EOF 3, which
was distributed by Apple in the last ObjC-Version of WebObjects,
Version 4.5.

Also, EOF doesn't mean "Enterprise Object Foundation", but "Enterprise
Object Framework". I'm quite sure here. :-)

Then, there is a typo in the last phrase: the s after "adaptor" is
missing.  But, right now, there is only one database adaptor available:
the PostgreSQL one.  By what I have become accustomed to of marketing
by now however, the phrase should stay there anyway, because additional
adaptors can "easily" be implemented.

Greetings,
Dirk Lattermann