Re: NSDefaultOpenDirectory

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: NSDefaultOpenDirectory
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:01:46 +0100 (CET)

 --- Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> schrieb:
> Marko Riedel wrote:
> > what version of GUI do I need for NSDocument to honor
> > NSDefaultOpenDirectory when opening files?
> >

>  From all I can tell NSDocument in GNUstep does not know about
> NSDefaultOpenDirectory, but than I cannot find this value anywhere in
> the Apple AppKit specification. Where do you want to set this value and
> what would you like to be influenced by it?
>
> Fred

Hi there,

Gürkan's live CD sets this value for scheme.app so that when it launches
for the first time and the user tries to open a file, she will see the
examples directory in /usr/share/doc.

If you google for "NSDefaultOpenDirectory," you will see that many Mac OS
X applications honor this setting. In fact GNUstep's NSDocumentController
writes this value in "review unsaved" but it never seems to get read back
in.

Best regards,

Marko Riedel

=====
| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de